The Amateur Riders’ Club
The Amateur Riders’ Club (ARC) was established in 1942 and is one of the oldest and largest private civilian riding clubs in India. Situated in the heart of Mumbai, it is a hub for riding throughout the year. The club provides riding lessons for all ages, and organizes activities such as show jumping, polo, dressage, plot tent pegging and more.
Clinics, Activities and Events
- Daily riding lessons (except Mondays) in the morning and evening for members. Current riding times and rules of riding are published on the Activities Page
- Polo is played regularly from November to May
- Sports (activities on mounted horses) are organised as well as equestrian sports throughout the year. Monsoon Sports are keenly contested by our younger members, and fortnightly competitions are held as often as possible.
- Outrides to various places are frequently organized every year. ARC members are taken to INS Hamla, Marve & the National Defence Academy, Pune for outrides
- 10 day beginner riding camps are organized every two weeks for the benefit of non members. These camps are an introductory service to familiarise people with horse riding.
- Gymkhana races are held every May, where club members & amateur jockeys compete as per the rules of RWITC
- Clinics are led throughout the year by equine professionals who are invited to ARC to expose our members to new and up-to-date training techniques
- Hippotherapy is offered for people with disabilities in which we use of the movement of the horse as a treatment strategy in physical, and speech-language therapy sessions
- Annual Horse Show is held in March-April in which members and competitors from all over the world take part in competitions and Polo tournaments.
- Upcoming events To view upcoming events, visit the Activities Page